Orchard Software Corporation recommends using version 9 or later of Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser when using Orchard Copia. To obtain a copy of Internet Explorer, visit www.microsoft.com. We also recommend using the latest version of Mozilla's Firefox Web browser. Visit www.mozilla.com to obtain a copy of Firefox.
Signing into Orchard Copia
To sign into the program, perform the following:
- Enter your user name and password in the corresponding fields.
- Click the Sign In button.
Note that you must have the necessary security settings before you can
These settings also determine what functions you can perform (browse
results, enter orders, etc.). Your Copia System Administrator
is responsible for security and access.
- Depending on your entry, one of the following happens:
- If your entry is not valid, Copia informs you
of that fact and clears your entry. You may do one of the following:
- Re-enter your sign in information. Note that there may be a limit on the number of failed sign in attempts that Copia allows.
- Click the Forgot Password? link to use the password reset feature established on the Application page. See the Application topic.
Note that if your facility is using LDAP or Active Directory authentication for sign ins, this feature will not be available.
If you have defined password reset questions and you click the Forgot Password? link, Copia presents the Reset Password dialog. Answer each question, and then click Next to continue. Once you answer all three questions, enter a New Password, enter it again in the Confirm Password field, and then click Next to continue. Copia confirms the change; click Close to continue signing into the program.
- Contact your Copia System Administrator if you cannot remember your user name or password.
- If your entry is valid, Copia opens the
program and displays one of the following pages:
Click the button on the Sign In page to open the Copia Information
page, which generally contains primary/secondary support contacts,
hours for support, and email or phone contact information. See the Program
After you sign in, you may click the button in the upper right corner of any Copia page for additional
help on using Copia.
Once you have opened the help, the Contents, Index, and Search tabs
appear in the left portion of the help page. Click the link for the
Help on Help topic, which is one of the first topics listed in the Contents,
for additional information on using online help. See the Help
on Help topic.
- Set Location: By default, this page appears when you
sign into Copia.
However, if you select the Always Use Selected Location option
on the Set Location page, then your selected Application Start
Page immediately appears. See the Set
- Your Application Start Page: Order Patient Samples or the page you selected as your application start page.
If you have selected the Always Use Selected Location option
on the Set Location page, then Copia uses the
selected location automatically and immediately opens your selected
Application Start Page instead of the Set Location page. You
may configure the Application Start Page setting in the Application
page. See the Application topic.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PRIVACY: If you leave Copia open for an extended
period of time with no activity, you will be automatically signed out
and required to sign in again. This prevents unauthorized access to your
account, but it does not prevent someone from viewing the information
currently on the page. Remember to protect the privacy of your patients
by signing out and closing Copia when you are done
with the program.
© 2018 Orchard Software Corporation